MoinLicense is a set of actions and macros for MoinMoin which add support for selecting a Creative Commons license for your wiki. With MoinLicense installed you can:
- select a license for your entire wiki
- select a different license for individual pages
- add a license icon to a page using the included macro
You can download MoinLicense from this page:
To install MoinLicense, expand the archive and move the plugin/action and plugin/macro directories into your wiki’s data/plugin directory.
The WikiLicense action uses two Moin configuration parameters, which you may need to set in your wikiconfig.py:
page_license_enabled = 1 page_license_page = u'WikiLicense'
page_license_page specifies the page in your wiki which will contain the licensing statement. Note that selecting a wiki license will overwrite the contents of that page. Individual page licenses are stored in a subpage; for example, the license information for the page Home would be stored in Home/PageLicense.
Source and License
The source is available via darcs:
$ darcs get http://darcs.yergler.net/repos/MoinLicense
- Provide convenience functions which can be used to insert the wiki license in the page footer
- Provide i18n for license names
- There is currently no way to exclude a page from being licensed.