- Start up OOo Impress and create a new presentation.
- Open up the master slide view and create two new masters; make them somewhat visually distinct so that its easy to experience the pure frustration later.
- Return to the slide view and make sure you can see the Master Pages area of the Tasks page; note that both your master slides are listed as “used in this presentation”, but not “available for use”.
- Click the first master, which should re-apply the master to the slide you’re looking at.
- Click the second master to apply it to the slide.
- Note that the first master has now disappeared.
- Think to yourself, “well surely it’s not gone and return to the master view.
- Realize that no, the slide really has disappeared.
Is it any surprise that you see a proliferation of Macs and Keynote at tech conferences, that people think slide-ware generally sucks, or that people still equate PowerPoint with presentations?
I think this is the same as Issue #43354, reported in February, 2005. Sigh.
|category:||open source, Software|
|tags:||impress, openoffice.org, Software, suck|