First, thanks to everyone who’s tried ccPublisher recently. We do have a couple of bugs in the “stable” version, and I’ve spent the past few days tracking those down and fixing them in CVS. I’m hoping to make a maintenance release later this week once we have a few other things tracked down. In the mean time, I’ve prepared a preview for any brave souls out there. This release is completely unofficial, but it does contain a few important bug fixes. In no particular order:
- ccPublisher no longer chokes on filenames containing Unicode on Windows.
- ccPublisher now correctly reads ID3 metadata from files containing Unicode characters on Mac OS X.
- Permission errors that occur when uploading to the Internet Archive are now displayed; previously they were all reported as “invalid username or password”, which wasn’t really correct at all.
- The OS X build system has been reworked to use Bob’s incredibly cool py2app resulting in a 400% decrease in download size.
- A problem with determining whether an identifier is available at the Archive has been corrected.
Between the first two and the last one, this release should correct 90% of all crash reports we receive.
You can find downloads here. Remember, this is a pre-release version, so your mileage may vary. That said, I’d really appreciate any feedback you have.