Shortly after announcing the validator to the cc-metadata list this morning, I had my first bug report. In my defense, it’s not even a bug in my code, per say, but some invalid metadata. However, there were several discoveries I made that I’m working to roll into both ccValidator and ccLicense.py. In no particular order:
- Python 2.2 seems to have a broken re module which barfs on really long matches. 2.2.3 and all the 2.3 series seem to have this fixed (note: this is just my observation, if anyone can confirm/correct this, feel free)
- ccLicense.py returns incorrect results if the RDF block defines more than one work and…
- …I was trying way to hard to parse the work meta-data; some simple TripleStore action will do fine, thank-you
- And finally, the way I extracted the licenses was also a little embarassing.
So I’ve fixed the last three and my webhost is graciously upgrading Python as we speak (I hope), so a new, improved, working better than ever version of the Validator should be ready real soon now. And I’m just kicking myself that I didn’t think of the last 3 issues sooner.